Skin conditions, even minor ones, can have a variety of adverse effects on a person’s overall health. From serious dermatological issues such as skin cancer to minor ones like fine forehead lines, your emotional health can take just as big a hit as the physical side does. It’s no secret that your self-perception and self-confidence are tied to your appearance.
If you develop any type of unusual skin condition, from patchy discoloration to eczema, board-certified Honolulu medical and cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Kory Kitagawa and his expert staff have the skills, training, latest products, and cutting-edge equipment to treat or manage your condition. They provide exceptional medical and cosmetic dermatological services if you want relief from painful or stress-inducing skin conditions anywhere on your body. Contact board-certified dermatologist Dr. Kitagawa and the team at Kitagawa Dermatology today to schedule a consultation or simply learn more.Continue Reading
Expert Medical Dermatology Services
From acne to eczema to skin cancer, Honolulu residents turn to dermatologist Dr. Kory Kitagawa for their various medical dermatological conditions:
- Skin Cancer – There are many kinds of skin cancer, some of which can form if several of the following conditions are left untreated.
- Eczema – The many types of this incurable condition are often characterized by red, dry, itchy skin.
- Actinic Keratosis – Also known as solar keratosis, rough, scaly patches of skin can form from too many years of sun exposure.
- Melasma – A common skin condition caused by sun exposure and distinguished by grayish-brown patches.
- Nail Fungus – An infection of toenails or fingernails that can result in nail discoloration, thickening, and/or crumbling.
- Psoriasis – A chronic immune system disease that can cause severe inflammation.
- Rosacea/Redness – A chronic, incurable dermatological condition characterized by permanent flushing of the face.
- Urticaria – Usually called hives, it features itchy, swollen reddish bumps or welts.
- Vitiligo – A dermatological condition typified by white patches on various parts of the body due to severe pigment cell damage.
- Warts – An infection characterized by a small, hard lump on the surface of the skin.
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa – A rare condition in which lumps form under the skin from rubbing against another skin surface, such as the armpit.
In-Office Medical Dermatology Treatments and Procedures
Kitagawa Dermatology provides medical procedures in the friendly environment of their office, giving patients peace of mind in familiar surroundings.
- Liquid Nitrogen/Cryotherapy – Liquid nitrogen targets and freezes lesions to treat actinic keratosis, warts, and superficial skin cancers.
- Skin Biopsies – The removal of a skin tissue sample for analysis under a microscope, commonly performed if skin cancer is suspected.
- Excision of Skin Cancers – Have your melanoma removed in the comfort of Dr. Kitagawa’s office.
- Electrodesiccation & Curettage – Some cancers are treated by alternately superheating and gently scraping them down to skin level.
- Electrocautery – The closing of a wound or removal of a growth by gently superheating the tissue.
- Allergy Patch Testing – A simple test to determine whether a patient’s condition is aggravated or caused by a contact allergy.
Exceptional Cosmetic Dermatology Services
Kitagawa Dermatology has been recognized by Candela as a Center for Excellence. This signifies our commitment to education and advancing our patients’ well-being in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The makers of
Cosmetic Skin Conditions
Cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Kory Kitagawa is proud to provide treatment for the following conditions at Kitagawa Dermatology:
- Age spots
- Acne scarring
- Smile lines
- Crows feet
- Nasolabial lines (lines between the nose and mouth)
- Sagging skin
- Tattoo removal
- Melasma (brownish-gray spots)
- And more
In-Office Cosmetic Treatments and Procedures
Kitagawa Dermatology provides various in-office cosmetic procedures and treatments for your comfort and convenience.
- Neuromodulator Treatments – Treatments from the neurotoxin using brands such as Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport for facial wrinkles, lines, and creases.
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Filler Treatments – These dermal filler treatments include popular brands like Restylane, Restylane Lyft, and Restylane Silk to augment lips and soften facial creases and wrinkles.
- Collagen Stimulators – Though less common than HA filler treatments, these provide long-lasting results through brands such as Radiesse and Sculptra.
Be sure to have a personalized consultation to diagnose your specific issues and decide the best course of action for you.
Other Cosmetic Dermatology Treatments
Kitagawa Dermatology also provides effective skin treatments aside from injectables. Some procedures are quick and simple while others are more complex.
- IPL Photofacial Treatment – Non-invasive Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser treatment affords patients smoother, younger-looking skin with virtually no downtime.
- Laser Resurfacing – For more serious complications such as acne scarring or severe sun damage, laser resurfacing entails using a laser to remove skin a thin layer at a time to produce dramatic changes.
- Profound Radiofrequency Treatment – Combining microneedling with radiofrequency energy, the Profound treatment helps lift and tighten the skin, providing a “micro” neck or facelift without having to undergo surgery.
Why Choose Kitagawa Dermatology
Dr. Kitagawa and his excellent staff are friendly and compassionate. His wife is chief of marketing and business development while Rocco Laudadio, Jr., is a board-certified physician’s assistant. Together, they form an exceptional team dedicated to providing the best dermatological care in Hawaii.
For either a medical issue or a cosmetic one, and from skin cancer treatment to wart removal, Honolulu patients should consider dermatology specialist Dr. Kitagawa, a current fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AADS) and dermatological consultant at Kuakini Medical Center.
Schedule a Dermatological Consultation Today
Regardless of your condition, Dr. Kitagawa will discuss your symptoms or condition, decide on an appropriate treatment plan, and answer all your skin care questions. Contact Kitagawa Dermatology by filling out the online contact form or call 808.533.4434 today.
Next, read about Medical Services.