Your face is the picture you present to the world. Start with a beautiful canvas by keeping your skin clean, healthy, and strong. From cleansers that thoroughly remove makeup, grime, and debris without altering the pH of your skin; to serums that banish wrinkles or acne; to moisturizers and sunscreens that protect and strengthen, the best skin care solutions in Hawaii are available for your every desire and need.
Top Skin Care Products
The following are some of the medical-grade companies and their top products that skincare expert Dr. Kory Kitagawa in Honolulu uses to tailor-design a skincare program just for you at Kitagawa Dermatology:Continue Reading
Biopelle’s evidence-based, patented technologies help resolve demanding skin conditions.
- Auriderm® Vanishing Gel — If you’re embarrassed by the purplish lesions that characterize post-procedural purpura, Auriderm Vanishing Gel contains 1% Vitamin K Oxide, in a soothing, non-irritating gel, to clear most bruising in 6 to 8 weeks. Continued use prevents recurrence.
This private-label skin-care brand specializes in developing technologically advanced skin care products that are only available by prescription.
- HQRA+ — A high-potency anti-aging product minimizes fine lines, wrinkles, and creases while also fading brown spots and reducing the production of melanin.
Specializing in broad-spectrum sun protection and wound healing, EltaMD develops innovative products to protect and maintain healthy skin. Their sunscreens are formulated with physical barriers, such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Many also contain antioxidants to combat skin-aging free radicals and/or hyaluronic acid to boost moisture retention.
- Laser Enzyme Gel for post-laser care
- SPF 31 UV Lip Balm
- SPF 44 UV Elements Tinted Sunscreen Moisturizer
- SPF 46 UV Spray
- SPV 46 UV Clear
- SPF 47 UV Pure
- SPF 50 UV Sport
Inspired by the professional makeup tools used by Kabuki theater artists, Japonesque experts create brushes, eyelash curlers, palettes, and high-quality cosmetics.
- Go Curl Eyelash Curler – pink
Obagi was founded by leading skincare experts in 1988 to provide medical-grade products that minimize the signs of skin aging, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation.
- NuDerm #5 Blender
- SPF 50 Matte Sun Shield
SkinCeuticals products are clinical-strength, antioxidant-rich formulations that are designed to protect and nourish the skin while reducing the signs of aging. Supported by extensive skin cancer research, SkinCeuticals skincare products are gentle, hydrating, and highly potent.
- AGE Eye Complex
- AGE Interrupter
- Body Tightening Concentrate
- HA Intensifier
- Phloretin CF Serum
- SPF 50 Physical Matte
A division of Allergan, SkinMedica is guided by a team of innovative biologists and formulation scientists who develop advanced, groundbreaking skin products to optimize the health of all skin types.
- Dermal Repair
- Facial Cleanser
- Latisse® 3ml/5ml
- Lytera® 2.0
- Retinol 0.5 Complex
- SPF 34 Total Defense + Repair
- SPF 35 Essential Defense
- TNS Recovery Complex
Topix uses natural ingredients, such as green tea polyphenols and peptides, to replenish and repair your skin.
- Rebrightalyze Pads/Lotion + Hydroquinone
- Replenix Enriched Eye Repair Cream
- Smoothing Serum 3x
- SPF 50 Replenix Anti-Oxidant Moisturizer
Injectable dermal fillers made of collagen stimulators or hyaluronic acid — a natural component of your skin — work to restore or add volume to your skin, fill in wrinkles, and create nonsurgical lip augmentations.
- Belotero® — Fills moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles
- Radiesse® — Adds volume to face and hands by stimulating collagen
- Restylane® — Add volume and fullness, correct moderate-to-severe wrinkles, augment lips
- Restylane LYFT — Augments cheeks, corrects age-related midface contour defects, fills wrinkles
- Restylane SILK — Augments lips, fills perioral wrinkles
- Restylane REFYNE/DEFYNE — Softens laugh lines for natural result
Neurotoxins use minute amounts of a highly purified form of botulinum toxin to relax dynamic muscles that cause wrinkles and folds, such as frown marks, crow’s feet, and forehead furrows.
- Botox® — Smooths crow’s feet, forehead furrows, and frown lines
- Dysport® — Relaxes frown lines
- Xeomin® — Smooths out moderate to severe frown lines
- Kybella® injectable deoxycholic acid melts away under-chin fat and tightens chin skin
Get Dermatologist-Tested Skin Care
If you’re ready to take charge of your skin’s health with products that protect, optimize, and augment, call skin specialist Kory Kitagawa, MD, founder of Kitagawa Dermatology in Honolulu, Hawaii. In your first consultation, Dr. Kitagawa analyzes the quality and texture of your skin, discusses your frustrations and desires, and prescribes the solutions that promote radiance and vitality. Contact Kitagawa Dermatology today.
Next, read our patient reviews.